Gulab Jamoon Mix (Jamun Mix)
Orkay Gulab Jamoon, Gulab Jamun, the sweet spongy, moist dessert, is a delicious sweet which is often savoured with great relish during festivals, parties, Wedding celebrations and other gatherings, as one of the prime sweet during the course of dessert. They are usually served along with the main course of food, teatime with snacks, and Orkay badam Milk. They are made from Wheat flour and milk.
- Sieve the ORKAY® Gulab Jamoon Mix.
- Lightly blend Jamoon Mix with water (in 1:1/4 proportion) to make dough of smooth consistency.
- Do not knead. Leave for five minutes.
- Roll into round/oblong shape. Deep-fry till golden brown in ghee/refined oil over a simmer.
- Do not allow ghee/oil to overheat and fume.
- Soak in hot sugar syrup.
The Word Gulab is derived from the Persian word Gol (flower) and ab (water) which refers to rose scented water. The shape of Jamoon resembles the shape of the fruit Jamun (Syzygium jambolanum) an Indian fruit which has a similar shape and size, which is referred to as black plum.